If you’ve somehow never heard of Tinder, then let’s go over a quick rundown. The Tinder app was the catalyst of the “hookup” culture that many people and media organizations constantly complain about.
There are millions of people around the world who sign on to Tinder regularly to swipe (a process of quickly selecting people that you find and attractive and skipping those that you don’t) their way into a relationship.
Relationship, in this instance, being whatever you want it to be. A simple hookup, friends with benefits, long-time partner, potential spouse.. The opportunities are pretty much endless for those who have figure out a process that works on this app.
Do we have your attention yet? It’s a pretty cool innovation that has revolutionized the dating world as we know it.
What a lot of people don’t know is that there are ways to use Tinder on PC to make much more efficient.
Tinder for PC
Getting Tinder on you PC opens up the endless stream of matches in a way that only PC devices know how to do. One of the many upsides to going this route is getting access to other Tinderers (that is now a word) from around the world. Not just your immediate vicinity.
Since the app is not intended to natively work anywhere outside out of the Android/iOS sphere, you’re going to need an Android Emulator to run what is called an APK file for the app.
Don’t worry, it sounds much more complicated than it really is. Here is a quick breakdown:
- Like we mentioned earlier, first you’ll need an Android Emulator. Or a piece of software that allows you to run ANY Android app on your PC. We recommend Bluestacks for it’s longstanding positive reputation and stability.
- Download Bluestacks onto your PC and run the file to install it.
- Once you have it installed, open the app and run the Play Store within like you would on your phone.
- Use your Google credentials to sign into your account.
- Search for the Tinder app and click to install.
- Start swiping!
That’s it. You now get to play the game with no training wheels. If you have any more questions or got stuck somewhere along the way, leave a comment below and we’ll see if we can get you squared away.
Till next time, Tinder Squad.